Sunday, January 8, 2012

Why is it that people would pay more for less of a car like a bmw 325 compared to an acura tsx?

The TSX is faster, already comes with everything even if you have the navi in the TSX the BMW is still more expensive and you have nothing in it and the TSX is more reliable and has a better residual value than the BMW. So why would you buy it?|||Carmakers realize there are many different kinds of buyers out there. They know there is a type of buyer who doesn't give diddly squat about the cost or equipment of a car, they buy for name recognition only





One word, well, ok, one phrase . . .





They need other people's approval.





Personally, I drive cars I like. Then I never have to worry about spending the money required to keep them on the road.





I've replaced the paint on my car twice. I've replaced the interior, the engine, the transmission when needed. I may have paid more than the value of the car more than three times over to keep it on the road. To me it's worth it.





To someone needing approval, they replace their car with whatever whiz bang whoopty-doo car is considered the highest status symbol at the time.





To you the TSX is faster, better equipped and for less money. That works for you.





They say it takes all kinds. I'm happy for you . . . can you be happy for the bmw guy?





Try it. You'll make the world a better place.


.|||Brand loyalty and image for one; also, some people might like the looks of the BMW better. The 325 is rear wheel drive, versus front wheel drive for the tsx, and finally the BMW probably drive differently; while the tsx may be faster, people may like the way the 325 handles and rides better than the tsx.|||For one, rear-wheel drive. Another reason is superior handling. Third, the Beemer has a smooth inline-6 engine versus the TSX's high-strung four. Fourth, the BMW has a more solid construction with high-strength steel and is probably safer in a crash. Lastly, and for most BMW buyers, it's just that little blue and white shield badge.





Yes, the Acura is more car for your money. Yes, it's more reliable. I don't know about the residual value though, Beemers hold their own quite well.





I hope this answered your question.|||Cause I have owned a couple of BMWs and I wouldn't even consider an Acura if I were in the market for another car...Once you own a BMW you will understand what I'm talking about.|||I've owned 1 Acura and 8 BMWs and I can give you dozens of reasons why. It all boils down to what the individual driver wants and thankfully we don't all want the same thing. In the case of the BMW over the Acura it's easy. The BMW handles like it already knows where you want to go before you even start to turn the wheel, while the Acuras are flighty and all over the place. The BMWs are solid and stuck to the road and the Acuras are not. The BMW is smooth in it's power curve, and the Acuras have dead spots and jumpy areas. I absolutely don't agree that Acuras are more reliable as I've had 8 BMWs ranging from brand new to 15 years old and done nothing other than routine maintenance on any of them. As for resale value Consumer Reports and Rob Report list BMW at the top of their lists so they do ok. Most people who complain about those of us who buy BMWs are just jealous because they can't afford one.

No comments:

Post a Comment