Thursday, January 12, 2012

I have a 2007 acura tsx when acura changes the motor oil its a quater of a inch over full and they said its ok?

because its on the full mark when hot.i dont want to damage my engine.I have a 2007 acura tsx when acura changes the motor oil its a quater of a inch over full and they said its ok?
I heard you should check the oil when then engine is not hot. I get my tsx oil change by a dealer that I think is extremely reliable so I do not feel I have to check on their work.

If you are having it done at a acura dealer, they are liable for any damage that might be done. I have a 2007 acura tsx when acura changes the motor oil its a quater of a inch over full and they said its ok?
Too much oil can be bad for an engine, but you should be fine. You'll burn some of that oil off when you go into VTEC mode (for the TSX, it's 6k rpm's).



Oil should be checked when cold, anyway. When the engine is hot, the oil is spread out and you might get a false reading. When the engine is cold, most of the oil goes down, so you can get an accurate reading of how much oil is there. If you check the engine while hot, the indicated level is much higher than when it is cold, and you'll want oil to protect your car when you're trying to start the engine.I have a 2007 acura tsx when acura changes the motor oil its a quater of a inch over full and they said its ok?
Most cars have a certain amount of oil that the owners manual says to put in, but there is usually room for as much as an extra quart. As long as you don't see any oil leaking or dripping you should be ok.
there is really no such thing as to much oil unless its leaking somewhere so you will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment